Thought Process
"We knew the girls were really women in disguise, that they understood love, and even death, and that our job was merely to create the noise that seemed to fascinate them." - The Virgin Suicides
about me
Denise Chang, Illegal eighteen, currently rocking and rolling around, trying to find my own identity. Loves Chelsea, Justin Timberlake and the finer things in life (; Formspring Twitter Tumblr Facebook
#24 Out with the Ox, in with the Tiger


HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!

Every year I look forward to this and this year was no exception. It's the year of the tiger peoples *RAWRRRRRRRRRRR!

It's has been life long tradition for my family to spend the whole first day of the New Year by sitting around in my grandma's house, doing our own thing. There would be mahjong, blackjack, sitting around gossiping (aunties, normal right?), watching tv and kids just creating havoc everywhere. Boy, I can't even begin to express how much I love that environment.

This year, I wore a Chinese thing top with a high waisted skirt & I was supposed to take a picture with Sam, but we forgot. Maybe some other time. The lion dancers are performing tmrw, and my mum will be going to my grandma's house too, so I'm really excited. We only played one round of blackjack today. I started off with RM3, went up to RM20+ then lost everything and ended up with RM6. Dad however, being the banker or as we say "chongker" won about RM130 :D Can't wait for another round tmrw (;

Oh, and I've been eating a lot too. Like seriously. I think I had 4 meals today. My grandma's cooking is absolutely the bomb! No one and I swear, no one can cook better than her. As tradition we had the vegetarian dish and tmrw will be all the yummy meats again. And of course, all the cookies and oranges and OH, the mighty "bakkwa"! It ain't Chinese New Year without I tell you.

Man, I love being Chinese :D

Currently listening to : Never Knew I Needed by Ne-Yo

Labels: ,